Monday, July 21, 2008

Music Mondays

Ivy Queen's New Album Title
According to Blog de Reggaeton Ivy's new album will be called "Drama Queen." No word on when the album is set to drop.

Jowell & Randy Go Solo
I was damn near broken hearted when I was in Puerto Rico in January and Casa de Leones announced they would no longer record together. Now once again I'm a bit broken hearted that the next time I hear Jowell & Randy it'll be on separate albums. According to La Onda Tropical, the duo will work together in the future, but are going solo for a bit. Randy's new album will be called Romances de Nota.

Daddy Yankee's Film Talento de Barrio Premiering on Wednesday
As I said in an earlier post Talento de Barrio is premiering at the New York International Latino Film Festival on Wednesday. Here's a trailer to get you ready...




Kumbia Queers
How much do I love the Kumbia Queers! They performed in NYC last week as part of the Latin Alternative Music Conference (LAMC). If you haven't heard them check out their MySpace page: MySpace.com-Kumbia Queers Here's their video for "Chica de Calendario"...




Chosen Few 3: The Movie
The album is actually one of the hottest reggaeton albums I've heard in a minute. Check out the video for Jowell & Randy f. LDA "Entonces Esta Bien"...



I haven't seen the actually movie yet, but here's a trailer to give you an idea...




Julieta Venegas y La Mala Rodriguez Juntas!!
So I love La Mala and I like Julieta Venegas, but this unplugged version of "Eres Para Mi" knocks it out the park. The song appears on Venegas' much hyped unplugged album, and it's well worth the $15.99 at the Virgin Megastore just for this song. Check out video from the unplugged performance...

No comments: