Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hip Hop and Obama Making History

The Inauguration was a historic day in hip hop too. With Obama being touted as the first "Hip Hop President," and the hip hop communities strong mobilization for him it was the accomplishment of the political hopes that old school hip hop heads had for the so-called "Hip Hop Generation."

So Jay-Z performing at the Neighborhood Ball is no small thing and I think we need to take a moment to big up the jigga man.



I also love all the Obama inspired hip-hop paraphernalia and songs. Here are a few of my favorites...

Ace Hood's Obama Chain



Obama Air Force 1s


Young Jeezy Feat. Nas - My President Is Black


Jay Z - My President Is Black (rmx)


My President Is Black (DC Mix) - Jay Z (Dirty)

My president is black my Maybach too
And I’ll be goddamned if my diamonds ain’t blue.
My money’s dark green and my Porsche is light grey
I’m headed for DC anybody feel me!!!
My president is black in fact he’s half white,
So even in a racist mind he’s half right
If you got a racist mind it’s alright
My president is black but his house is all White
Rosa Parks sat so Martin Luther could walk,
Martin Luther walked so Barack Obama could run
Barack Obama ran so all the children could fly,
So I'm a spread my wings you could meet me in the sky!!!
I already got my own clothes already got my own shoes,
I was hot before Barack imagine what I’m gonna do
Hello Ms. America, hey pretty lady
Red, white, and blue flag wave for me baby
Never thought I’d say this shit baby I’m good
You can keep ya puss, I don’t want no more Bush
No more war, no more Iraq
No more white lies, my president is black!

No comments: